Given all of our coverage of the mindfulness movement — in our current “Mindful Guide” issue, and on ShambhalaSun.com and here on Shambhala SunSpace, we’d be remiss if we didn’t tell you about the coming event, “Investigating and Integrating Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society: The 8th Annual International Scientific Conference for Clinicians, Researchers and Educators.”
Taking place from April 7-11, 2010 at the UMass Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society in Worcester, Massachusetts, the meeting will be an exceptional opportunity for you to interact with other conference participants and to be inspired by a group of outstanding presenters. Submissions to present were numerous and arrived from all over the globe. As a way to support your interests in the growing fields of mind-body and participatory medicine, the meetings organizers have assembled 90 presenters offering more than 75 presentations. Planned highlights — including a public evening of dialogue and practice with Jon Kabat-Zinn, and much more — and details follow.
Meeting highlights will include:
- Pre- and Post-Conference Institutes;
- Plenary Keynote Presentations with internationally-recognized scientists;
- a Full-Day Research Symposium investigating “The Neural Mechanisms of Mindfulness”
- translating the basic science of mindfulness and meditation into leading edge treatment approaches
- Mindfulness in Medical Education
- pioneering initiatives focused on integrating mindfulness into broader sectors of the society including corporations, school systems, teacher education and development
- a public evening of dialogue and practice with Jon Kabat-Zinn
- and a gala evening dinner and dance with opening remarks by US House of Representative, Congressman Tim Ryan.
For more information and to register, visit the meeting’s website at http://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/conference or call 508-856-2656.