Lion’s Roar Foundation has the ideal summer work opportunity for a student wanting to apply their newly acquired talents within a successful and expanding not-for-profit publishing company. As a member of the Lion’s Roar editorial and publishing teams, the Assistant will work on a variety of projects originating from either the business or creative departments of the magazines.
The position is full-time for a period of 14 weeks, 30 hours per week, working in our downtown Halifax offices. For more information about Lion’s Roar, see our About page.
Working under the direction of the Editor-in-Chief, Publisher, Digital Editor and/or their designate(s), the Editorial and Publishing Assistant may be assigned to either print and online initiatives in the Editorial and Publishing departments. Duties may include:
- Mining archives for potential content providers and story ideas
- Providing customer support for subscribers to our online Buddhist Film Festival
- Migrating evergreen archive content to the website; reformatting and packaging for presentation
- Writing and editing supporting marketing materials and collateral
- Shooting and editing sound and video
- Contributing to e-newsletters
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Sourcing images for online use
- Researching online learning, livestreaming, and crowdsourcing best practices
- Designing for video production on web
- Transcription and data entry
- Office basics: courier account use, scanning, faxing, sending and receiving packages and documents
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, between the ages of 15 and 30, and full-time students in 2016/17 and 2017/18.
To apply please send covering letter and resume with “Editorial and Publishing Assistant” in the heading to Cindy Littlefair at: [email protected]. The job will begin in May.
Salary: $11.50/hour for 30 hours/week