Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Lion’s Roar Foundation, an established Buddhist not-for-profit media company, has an exceptional opportunity for a detail-oriented team-player and leader. We’re looking for an experienced professional wanting to apply their financial and operations talents as a member of our management team. The Finance and Operations Manager will help to shape overall organizational strategy and culture and develop policies and practices that support our continued growth. The successful candidate will directly manage the finance and operations staff, in addition to carrying their own portfolio of regular duties.
- Direct annual planning and budgeting process and provide departmental support
- Provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting, analysis, and forecasting of financial performance against budget.
- Oversee all aspects of finance department work and responsibility
- Act as subject matter expert for budgetary decisions, and identify and mitigate risk
- Manage business support services: HR, IT, Office Administration, and Facilities
- Ensure proper management and improvement of IT infrastructure and digital platforms
- Manage procurement and vendor relationships
- Gather, analyse, interpret, and report on key business information
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- Experience as finance manager, director, or controller; mission-driven organizations an asset.
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or other advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field.
- Knowledge of or interest in Buddhism an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups, major projects, initiatives.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
Lion’s Roar is a mission-driven, not-for-profit media company based in Halifax serving an international audience. Its English-language publications, Lion’s Roar magazine, Buddhadharma: The Practitioner’s Quarterly, and lionroar.com explore the Buddhist meditative tradition.
Salary range: $65,000 to $70,000; commensurate with experience. Location: Halifax, NS. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected]; include “Finance and Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Deadline for submissions: February 23, 2018.