Audience Engagement Editor
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Lion’s Roar is looking for an audience engagement editor with a successful start-up mentality, who can apply that energy to one of North America’s leading spiritual brands. You need to be a digital-savvy creative who wants to put their editorial skills to work attracting, engaging, and delivering value to new and established digital audiences through a nonprofit lens. You’ll be creating lively and compelling new service packages out of existing high-calibre content while growing and serving our audiences across all digital platforms. You’re adept at inbound content marketing, branded content development, and web-exclusive content packaging. In addition to gathering, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on data from all platforms, you’ll be responsible for developing and managing the tools that support this work. You’ll be a key player in all respects.
Lion’s Roar is an established, socially-conscious, values-driven Buddhist not-for-profit media company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conceptualize and help implement new editorial and branded content packages
- Support efficient editorial workflows to ensure successful placement and promotion of content between magazine and web
- Work with editors to develop and execute web-exclusive content
- Co-author annual content strategy with Digital Editor, and with input from full digital team.
- Optimize content for web using SEO best practices and effective content packaging strategies
- Monitor trending topics and identify opportunities to improve LionsRoar.com traffic
- Monitor audience metrics and adapt strategies for enhancing audience growth and revenue potential
- Work with ad sales, marketing, and special projects teams to create new opportunities for engagement and monetization
- Work closely with digital editorial and marketing teams to develop and deploy best practices around email capture, paid content promotion (FB, Google, etc), audience engagement, etc.
- Act as a bridge between editorial and publishing teams, bringing the views and perspectives of each team to the other.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain software tools to deliver our digital products and maximize their potential
What we’re looking for:
- A strategic thinker who considers traffic and social analytics before making or recommending an editorial decision
- An idea generator who can think of new, fresh ways to package content
- 2 to 3 years experience, in particular SEO, CMS, and Analytics
- A collaborative team builder who can support others and rally support for new projects
- Strong assigning, editing, and packaging skills across multiple platforms including web, social, app, etc.
- Knowledge of Buddhist and spiritual audiences a plus
A little more about us:
- Values-driven workplace and strong founding culture
- Bright, open-concept office located in downtown Halifax
- Flex-work opportunities
- Benefits, pension, and generous variety of leave time
- Strong preference for onsite arrangement but open to discussing telecommuting
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Salary range negotiable, commensurate with experience: $35,000 to $45,000.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]; include “Audience Engagement Editor” in the subject line.
Submission deadline: March 20, 2020.