Lion’s Roar is looking for an associate editor with a focus on Latinx Buddhist voices, views, achievements, and challenges. This is a half-time contract position which can be done remotely.
As our new associate editor, you will develop content by, for, and about Latinx Buddhists across all our platforms. Working with the associate editors representing Asian American and Black Buddhist voices, you will play an important role in promoting the voices and views of Latinx Buddhists and making the national Buddhist conversation more diverse and inclusive.
Lion’s Roar is a socially-conscious not-for-profit Buddhist media company. We are committed to offering the views, wisdom, and experiences of Latinx Buddhists, and to making Buddhist teachings and practices more relevant and accessible to diverse communities.
What you’ll do:
- Identify authors and develop content by, for, and about Latinx Buddhists for all our print, digital, and audio-video platforms.
- Liaise with Latinx Buddhist teachers, leaders, and organizations to identify potential voices, authors, and issues of importance to Latinx Buddhists.
- Gather and report on news and other developments within Latinx Buddhist communities.
- Represent Lion’s Roar at conferences, meetings, and other events, and expand and deepen our relationships with Latinx Buddhist communities.
What we’re looking for:
- In-depth knowledge of Buddhist philosophy and practice.
- Familiarity with Latinx Buddhist practitioners and leaders and the issues and challenges important to them, both within Buddhism and in American society.
- An extrovert who thrives on making connections and networking.
- The ability to identify and frame editorial content and work with potential authors and speakers.
- Strong editing, writing, interviewing, and other editorial skills. Experience in audio-video production and presentation is a plus.
This work is funded by a three-year grant supporting a Lion’s Roar initiative to make the national Buddhist conversation more diverse and inclusive. Our statement about this project says: “Through this initiative, Lion’s Roar will support and promote voices that reflect the true diversity of Buddhism in North America. By fully representing Buddhists of color in the national dialogue, we will make Buddhism more inclusive, more relevant, and of more benefit to more people and communities. We will dismantle the dominant narrative about what Buddhism is and support multiple emerging narratives that meet the needs of diverse communities.”
This is a half-time contract position and may be done remotely.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]; include “Associate Editor” in the subject line.
Submission deadline: 20 August 2021.