Lion’s Roar is hiring an audience development specialist (ADS) to help us grow our audience and extend our reach across all our publishing products. The ADS will help develop and optimize content plans to attract new readers and build loyalty with existing audiences, maximizing our impact across our print and digital channels.
The ADS will work across departments to inform content and subscription strategies, relying on deep analysis of audience data, and their experience with growing and engaging audiences. The ADS should also have an eye for revenue, with an understanding of how subscriptions, donations, e-commerce, and partnerships come together to build a strong base of support for our non-profit media work.
The ideal candidate will be someone who deeply understands the digital media industry, is highly analytical, and is nimble and creative with the ability to incorporate data and testing into the decision-making process. Lion’s Roar needs people who are good communicators, have an entrepreneurial spirit, an inherent understanding of the web, and an eye for strategy. Curiosity, motivation, and rigor are a must, and a love for the brand is a plus.
- Collaborate with team leads and other stakeholders in Marketing, Editorial, and Business Development to create and execute on data-driven audience growth plans and tactics across a variety of platforms, while maintaining consistency with our editorial mission and goals.
- Advise the digital Editorial team on day-to-day optimizations for on-site engagement, search, and social media. Lead periodic workshops on SEO and engagement best practices.
- Conduct keyword research, competitor analysis, linking building, and on-site optimization as part of a comprehensive SEO strategy to grow website traffic.
- Manage KPIs using Google Analytics dashboards, Google tag manager, conversion and event tracking and analysis.
- Incorporating audience data and analysis, help the Editorial team develop distribution strategies across multiple platforms to amplify and extend the reach of Lion’s Roar content via SEO, newsletters, social media, partnerships, and more.
- Help expand and enhance strategies to drive reader engagement, time on site, and reader loyalty.
- Manage audience surveys and content testing, distribution mix, and headline and image optimization.
- Work closely with product teams to enhance product development and subscription offerings.
- Identify new growth opportunities and best practices based on emerging digital trends, competitive business intelligence, and consumer insight.
- Prepare and present an annual Content and Audience report detailing our hits, misses, and opportunities across platforms, presenting both the data and analysis to inform content, product strategies, and tactics for the year ahead. Quarterly updates will also be required to allow us to track our progress towards our audience development goals.
Specific qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field (journalism, communications, marketing, analytics, business) required.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing or media, with a thorough understanding of online business models, audience development strategies and tactics.
- Direct experience growing audiences through SEO, social, email, mobile app, and partnerships.
- Detailed knowledge of major web and social analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Moz, Ahrefs, Semrush, etc.
- Experience running tests to optimize user experience, engagement, and conversion.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present analyses to all levels of management, including Editorial and Publishing leadership.
- Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with Buddhism and/or mindfulness is a strong plus.
Lion’s Roar is committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, equity, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among us. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Salary: $48,000 to $54,000 CAD commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits plan effective upon hiring. The work is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, but consideration will be given to remote candidates.
Deadline for Applications: March 24, 2023
To apply please send covering letter and resume to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected]