Lion’s Roar Foundation is looking for an Intermediate Administrative Assistant.
At Lion’s Roar, a nonprofit, we’re mission-driven. We publish Buddhist wisdom and practices in order to benefit people’s lives and society at large, and we’re passionate about that work. The Intermediate Administrative Assistant will support our publishing and development work. It’s a dynamic in-office role and the successful candidate will work with multiple stakeholders.
As our Intermediate Administrative Assistant you will:
- Support the Foundation’s board of directors by scheduling in-person and virtual meetings; attending meetings to document discussion and decisions; ensuring meeting materials are produced and distributed as required, and answering general enquiries from board members.
- Maintain donor database, issue donation receipts, and support fundraising communications
- Maintain publishing department databases, dashboards, and affiliate system
- Proofread all documents and deliverables prior to sending to clients
- Process inbound translation and reprint permissions requests
- Conduct research and lead generation for advertisers and affiliates; help to maintain and deepen relationships with our partners and customers
- Provide post-sale advertiser support and performance reports
- Monitor and report on media developments in the world of niche advertising
- Issue and track presenter and affiliate agreements, reports, and payouts
- Provide backup in the event of support staff absences
What you bring to the role:
- An ability to manage multiple and competing priorities on deadline
- Big-picture thinking as well as an eye for detail and precision
- A sense of urgency and willingness to take initiative in solving issues
- An appetite for diving in, taking responsibility, asking for what you need, and providing feedback
- An aptitude for using digital tools and supporting innovation
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and understand the subject matter and products at hand
- 2 years of work experience in an administrative or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of Google Suite (Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Meet, Mail); experience with cloud-based databases an asset
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
Lion’s Roar is committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, equity, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among us, including race, religion, physical and mental ability, age, origin, marital and family status, gender and gender identity, and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
This is a full-time position based out of our central Halifax office. Salary range: $40,000 to $45,000. Benefits include a generous health insurance plan, paid sick days, paid personal development days, and opportunities for skills-development training. Our team is currently operating in a hybrid in-office/remote model; this role will take place primarily on-site. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]; include “Intermediate Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Application deadline: 3 February 2023