Lion’s Roar is an independent media company dedicated to the publication of Buddhist teachings of all traditions under the names: Lion’s Roar magazine, Buddhadharma: The Practitioner’s Quarterly, and lionsroar.com.
Working under the direction of the Editor-in-Chief, Publisher, Digital Editor and/or their designate, the Editorial and Publishing Assistant will be assigned to both print and online initiatives in the Editorial and Publishing departments. Duties will include:
- Mining archives and cleaning up and formatting website and database content
- Writing and editing content for online and/or print use
- Shooting and editing sound and video
- Contributing to e-newsletters
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Sourcing images for online use
- Researching e-learning platforms, crowd-sourcing best practices, and live streaming software
- Producing video elements
- Transcription and data entry
Applicants must be: eligible to work in Canada; age 15 to 30; and full time students in 2015/16 and 2016/17.
To apply please send covering letter and resume with “Editorial and Publishing Assistant” in the heading to Cindy Littlefair at: [email protected]. The job will begin in May.
Salary: $11.50/hour for 30 hours/week