Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
The Lion’s Roar team is hiring a colleague to lead the area of partnership management and business development including events, online courses, special publications, and more, all of which contribute to our ability to fund our mission. This is a permanent staff position.
Lion’s Roar is a mission-driven, not-for-profit media company based in Halifax serving an international audience. Its English-language publications, Lion’s Roar magazine, Buddhadharma: The Practitioner’s Quarterly, and lionsroar.com explore the Buddhist meditative tradition.
Working under the direction of the Publisher, as well as independently, the Business Development and Partnerships Manager will broadly be responsible for:
- Overseeing the care and development of relations with strategic partner organizations
- Creating, developing and managing new projects that fulfill Lion’s Roar’s mission and develop new income streams, including events, conferences, content deals, and special projects
- Community building and development
In doing so, the Business Development and Partnerships Manager will work closely with the circulation, advertising, editorial, digital, and art departments to develop and implement emerging initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- established record of success in initiating and managing projects and campaigns
- proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- understanding and spirit of entrepreneurship
- well-honed organizational skills
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- creative and strategic thinking skills
- marketing and/or publishing experience an asset
- interest and/or experience in Buddhism an asset
Salary is commensurate with experience. Apply by email with “Business Development and Partnerships Manager” in the subject line and attaching covering letter and resume to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: June 8, 2018.