New Initiatives Coordinator
Halifax, NS, Canada | Sales and Business Development | Experienced | Full-time
The Lion’s Roar Foundation has the ideal career opportunity for a business-oriented individual wanting to apply their income-generation talents within a successful and expanding not-for-profit publishing company. The New Initiatives Coordinator will work side-by-side with Lion’s Roar leadership to deliver on our mission, incubating and capitalizing on new and existing business opportunities. They will oversee project development and launch, working on offerings that range from digital and e-commerce to new print and physical products and events.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work alone and in partnership, an ability to coordinate projects with multiple stakeholders, and intellectual curiosity, agility, and drive. They will bring their experience, insights, and enthusiasm to bear on organizing people and resources for the purpose of getting new Lion’s Roar products to market.
The Lion’s Roar Foundation is an independent nonprofit and the publisher of Lion’s Roar magazine, Buddhadharma: The Practitioner’s Quarterly, and Lionsroar.com. The successful candidate will report to the Publisher.
- Manage four to five discrete projects simultaneously, delivering within deadline and budget parameters
- Identify internal resource needs, form teams, and coordinate with stakeholders in business, editorial, and art departments, as well as with external contractors
- Form and manage relationships with external partners and stakeholders
- Produce project summaries, business plans, budgets, schedules, reports, and updates
- Organize all aspects of product creation or launch from strategic to tactical, moving with ease between projects, and reporting on progress to other members of the team
- Assist with development of marketing, promotional, and public relations plans
- Arrange logistics: venues, insurances, rentals, travel planning
Business acumen | Creative thinking | Entrepreneurship | Project management | Finance | Planning | Marketing | Communications | Tech savvy | Excellent communication skills.
Salary range: $35,000 to $45,000; commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: February 24, 2017
Related post-secondary business education and publishing experience are assets as is a working knowledge of Buddhism. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Location: Halifax, NS
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with New Initiatives Coordinator in the subject line to Cindy Littlefair at firstname.lastname@example.org.