Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
We’re looking for a creative, detail-oriented individual who wants to put their information technology know-how to use, help fellow team members, and contribute to the world at large. If you’re a proactive and hands-on professional with the ability to think big, we want you as our next Webmaster and IT Coordinator. The Coordinator will serve the needs of a global digital audience as well as those of the internal operation with a staff of 20+.
Lion’s Roar is an established, socially-conscious, values-driven Buddhist not-for-profit media company. Check out our website at lionsroar.com.
What you’ll be doing:
- Align software and hardware infrastructure with business strategies.
- Maintain and improve existing digital publishing platforms and tools.
- Report on key metrics and seek opportunities to improve engagement with online products.
- Help grow and activate audience by implementing technical SEO and Conversion Rate Optimization strategies.
- Manage Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other data tools.
- Coordinate interdepartmental groups around technology implementation projects, and manage related contractors and solution-providers.
- Train staff as required on systems to ensure a common set of best-practices are being followed across the organization.
What you need to have:
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager; experience with Doubleclick for Publishers and Google Apps administration an asset.
- Experience with WordPress hosting and web security best practices and solutions
- Experience with and understanding of current SEO approaches is required. Experience with SEO and social media management tools is an asset.
- Experience with Apple and Android developer accounts an asset
- Strong understanding of Mac use in a business environment an asset
- Experience with internal networks, storage, security, and connectivity is an asset
- Familiarity with Buddhism, or willingness to develop subject-matter knowledge
- Experience working with marketing and editorial teams in content-driven businesses an asset
This full time permanent position is located in downtown Halifax with flex-time and flex location opportunities. Salary range: $45,000 to 50,000; commensurate with experience. Flex-work and employer-paid health insurance are just some of the benefits of working for us. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected]; include “Webmaster and IT Coordinator” in the subject line.
Submission deadline: March 2, 2018.