Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
We’re a North American nonprofit print and digital publisher based in downtown Halifax looking for a people-loving extrovert to help sell our advertising products. The ideal candidate understands our mission and is excited by the prospect of contributing to that by finding advertisers whose values align with our own. If you’re a confident, experienced professional inclined to positive thinking and results, we want you as our next Advertising Sales Representative and Coordinator. Check out our online presence at lionsroar.com.
Lion’s Roar is an independent non-profit foundation whose mission is to communicate Buddhist wisdom and practices in order to benefit people’s lives and our society.
What you’ll be doing:
- For yourself and the department: prospecting, qualifying leads, making proposals, closing sales, renewing existing clients
- Leveraging our CRM data to ensure the department is maximising sales opportunities
- Developing a detailed understanding of the modern advertising landscape in order to communicate the benefits of Lion’s Roar advertising products
- Overseeing production and ad trafficking for both print and digital products
- Working with our finance department to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and reporting
What you need in the way of skills:
- You have strong sales acumen, superior oral and written communication, and effective negotiating skills
- You see yourself as an influencer as well as a creative and strategic thinker.
- You’re able to demonstrate a working interest in what Lion’s Roar does: its products, brand, and values
- You’re adept at identifying sales opportunities and converting leads.
- You’re proud of your knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques and have advanced awareness of the media industry and advertiser needs.
- You have at least two years’ experience in ad sales
This full-time permanent position is located in downtown Halifax. Salary range: $30-32k plus commission. Interest in part-time employment will be considered. Flexible working arrangement, paid leave, and employer-paid health insurance are just some of the benefits of working with us. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Experienced candidates available less than full-time should apply.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]; include “Advertising Sales Representative and Coordinator” in the subject line.
Competition remains open until posting is removed.